Saturday, June 27, 2009

There's a T.V. show on called "How I Met Your Mother". Every time I see this it reminds me of how my boyfriend (now husband) met MY mother. Bruce and I had been dating for maybe a month when we decided it was time for him to meet my parents. I was (and still am) very proud of my parents. My father had built the house we were living in and my mother could make anything she put her mind to.
My parents were sitting on the couch watching television when we walked in. The introductions were made and we sat down on the couch also. The couch we had was a huge sectional, so my folks sat on one side and we sat on the connecting 'L'.
There was a coffee table in front of the couch with a plate of my mother's incredible fudge. The plate was closer to my mom than me, so I asked her to toss me a piece of fudge. Boy, did she! She plucked a piece of fudge off the plate, wound up and let it fly.
I coouldn't have been farther than four feet from my mom when she fired the fudge off. I saw that missile coming straight at my head so I ducked. And Bruce caught it right between the eyes.
He didn't move (stunned?). My father had watched this whole episode and he didn't move either. My mother and I, on the other hand, were laughing hysterically. It took a few minutes to gain control and even then giggles would erupt throughout the rest of the night.
He married me anyway. I figure he was forewarned so he has no excuse for any oddities that may have happened, are happening or might still happen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment