Sunday, July 26, 2009

Odd Jobs 2

If you're ready to be bored again, here we go.
The next job I had was at a V.A. hospital as a nursing assistant. The ward I was assigned to was a geriatric psychiatric ward. Oh, boy. There was never a dull moment. Between a patient threatening me with a butter knife to seeing a man's teeth go down a nurse's blouse - well, it was certainly a growing experience.
We moved to Utah for Bruce to go to school, so I became the bread-winner. I found a job as a sign painter. I learned how to make letters and numbers from scratch, paint huge picture windows in car dealerships and paint signs on a roof high over the city of Provo. I NEVER want to do that again.
I have taught several self-defense classes for women, some were for one class some for 4 weeks.
I had a job working as a cashier at K-Mart, transferred to loss prevention then promoted to loss prevention manager.
Next I achieved my B.A. in communications with the hope of law school, but that didn't happen. I wanted to write, but that didn't happen, either.
I got a job as a cashier at a CVS, promoted to shift supervisor, promoted to assistant manager.
I left CVS and went to Walgreen's as an assistant manager. I transferred to the district office as a scheduler for pharmacists. I quit that because my supervisors were horrible women.
Last, I worked as manager of apparel in Dunham's.
I have since retired.
Whew! I'm tired.
My most important job throughout my list of jobs was being a mother, grandother and wife. I still have that job and will never retire from that. Being LDS, I know those jobs are eternal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment