Thursday, July 23, 2009

Testamony

When I was little, my family lived in a big house in Detroit. It had a breakfast room and a formal dining room. We used the breakfast room except for special occasions or when company came over. In this breakfast room there were two corner cabinets. In one of them there was a plate with the Salt Lake Temple on it. My dad worked afternoons, so we didn't get to eat with him very often. However, when he was there he asked me this question: "Where are you going to get married?" I would point to the Salt Lake Temple and say, "In the temple, Daddy." He would smile and continue eating.
When I got married, I married in the Battle Creek Ward building. Bruce was not a member of the church. We had two children by the time we were ready to go to the Washington D.C. Temple. The people in the Battle Creek Ward knew we had little money, so they threw a "Temple shower" for us. I was lent a b eautiful dress for our daughter and was given cash and food for the trip. I was more grateful than I could express.
We drove with our two small children and stayed in an inexpensive hotel. We entered the temple and our children were taken to a nursery to wait until time to be sealed to us for all time and eternity.
I remember bits and pieces of my first temple experience, but the one thing I will never forget is when temple workers brought our children to us in the sealing room. My almost 3 year old son with his beautiful blond hair was dressed in a white jumpsuit. He had on white socks. He walked next to the elderly lady and held her hand reverently.
My baby girl was dressed in the incredible dress we got at the shower. It was long and draped over the worker's arm. She was handed to me. I have never felt so incredibly happy.
Here was my family. And we were kneeling before an alter in the temple of God. We were sealed for all time and eternity.

1 comments:

Saramajayne said...

Kitty we love you and we apperciate you. It always good to remember those good spritual times rather than the not so good ones. So when you are feeling Hurt inside try to remember the good feelings. Stay strong I love you.

Post a Comment