Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Today is Bruce's 57th birthday. We're going over to Chris and Dana's house for dinner tonight. Chris texted my phone and asked how old Dad was today. Herein lies the problem. Texting is not my friend! I try. I mean, I really do try. Today I flip my little phone open to reply to Chris's text and try to type a '5'. It came out a 'k'. Hmmmmmm. Then I notice a little button the said 'EN' and thought it may help solve the transfer from letter to number. It did! I was so proud of myself for actually getting '57' on my screen. I tried to get the 'k' erased, but to no avail. So my screen had the silly 'k57' message on it. I sent it anyway.
Within 5 minutes my phone was ringing. It was Chris. Laughing. Hysterically. I waited until he could speak and said "Hello".
"Do you know what 'k' means?" he asked.
"Yes, but a nice person would ignore the mistake another person makes and go on.
More laughter.
"I knew Dad was old, but 1057 years old? Does he know you said he was over a thousand years old?"
"Not yet. I didn't think that little piece of info on his birthday was necessary."
"Well, you might want to tell him before you guys come over. We're doing a cake with his age on it."
Man, one little mistake and the world gets a little more tilted off it's axis.

1 comments:

Saramajayne said...

Tell Dad Happy 1057 birthday. You must really like them old. eeeewwww.

Post a Comment