Sunday, September 13, 2009

Birthday

I can't believe that I'm this old!!! 56 years old. And if one more person says 56 years YOUNG, I'm going to scream. My body definitely says old.
This birthday has been a very good one. Steve knows how much I love to read (we share that love) so he gave me a very expensive gift card to a bookstore. Bruce and I are struggling financially, so instead of buying me a gift, he made me shelves for the dining room. I love them. He does such a wonderful job when he makes things. Another heirloom for the grandkids when I pass.
Then I got a call from Rob's family and they sang Happy Birthday to me. It was a sound much like angels make, I'm sure. Those sweet, sweet voices. I wish I could hug them all.
And Steve's little girl, Kati, called today and sang Happy Birthday in English and German. A multi-language song. I told her in English that her song was beautiful, but she didn't understand, so I had to say "Das was schon". When I said that, she was happy.
June sent me a birthday card with two bare butts on the front. It said that I expected someone to make a few 'cracks' on my birthday. And my mom sent a card.
All in all, it was a wonderful day.
I forgot, Bruce and I went to lunch at the Olive Garden. They have fried zucchini! To die for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment