Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Cheer

Bruce only worked a couple of hours on Friday, the 18th of December. He came home, we loaded the car and left to visit Rob, Sara, Raef, Brady and Kaylee. We stopped at Panera Bread for a wonderful sandwich and had an uneventful trip to Allegan. We decided to stay at a hotel, so we got a lovely room where we went to unload before we went to Rob's.
We had such a great time. After hugs and kisses from everyone, we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. After dinner Bruce, Rob and the boys went home and Sara and I went shopping.
The next day Bruce and I slept in then bought pizza's to take to the kids. There was a lot of laughter and good times. Rob and I watched the hockey game, then Sara and I went to the store, bought some snacks and rented some movies. We all relaxed after the kids went to bed and enjoyed each others company and watched movies.
Sunday we slept in again (LOVE it), picked up some chicken and went to
Rob's to wait for them to come home from church. What a beautiful little family. We had to be come by 6 that night, so we left at 2 to give us a little time. Detroit driving is always unpredictable.
Raef is so smart. He loves animals. He reads books about them, looks them up on the Internet and watches movies about them. I would never challenge his knowledge avout animals. He even knew what end of a caribou gets eaten first by the big cats and why.
Brady is quiet with this delightful sense of humor. He is a handsome, handsome little boy. If he disagrees, he quietly expresses his opinion and you can't change it!
Kaylee. That little girl is a firecracker. Her smile is infectious. Bruce was laying on the couch while Sara and I made cookies and Rob was with the boys. He was woken up by a little voice that said, "What you doin'?" from about 6 inches in front of his face. He said he was taking a nap. "Why?" " 'Cause I'm tired." "Why?" He knew it was time to get up.
It was so hard to leave.
Then Monday Bruce and I went to Fowlerville to meet up with my mom and dad, June and her kids. I sat next to my dad and across from my mom. I don't know why I am so blessed to have both of my parents still with me and still the best. The waitress almost hit Daddy in the head with a tray. I said something to her so she wouldn't hit him, so she apologized then kissed Daddy's forehead. I swear he blushed!
After we were done eating, we had a great surprise. In walked Santa and Mrs. Claus. The wait staff all had pictures taken with them, then June and I went over with her kids. I took pics. I didn't want my picture taken (cognitive dissonance), but Santa insisted I sit on his lap. Then we talked Mom into sitting on Santa's lap and taking a pic with him. We all laughed. Daddy got a kiss from a waitress and Mom sat on Santa's lap.
So far it has been an incredible Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment