Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Spirit

One of my favorite memories is the first time I felt the Spirit. I was about 9 or 10 years old. My dad was in the bishopric so he was sitting on the stand. I was sitting with my mom in the front pew on the right side of the church.
It was the Sunday before the 4th of July. We all stood to sing the National Anthem. I could feel myself being filled with the most wonderful sensation. I had tears in my eyes and could not finish the song.
I was there in the Detroit Ward singing to the Lord about the country I lived in. I know this country had been set aside for the purpose of God. This is where the priesthood had been restored. This is where the first temple had been built in these latter days. This is where the fullness of the gospel had been restored.

0 comments:

Post a Comment