Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pets

This morning on the news there was a question: do cats or dogs make better pets? How silly for the news! Well, I thought about it and decided I like both.
Our three cats have such differing personalities. Tigger is a sociopath, Ozzie has Downs Syndrome and Donny is A.D.H.D. Tigger goes out and kills and eats field mice, shrews or anything else that moves. He shows off the tragedy he has perpetrated, yet feels no shame. He comes in the house and lets us know that we are there to make him happy. His needs come first.
Ozzie - sweet Ozzie - just wants to sit on my lap. All day. All night. My left thigh on the top has a lot of little puncture marks where he has dug his claws in to help him launch when he gets down. We can't let him outside because he literally cannot find his way home (Twice we had to search the neighborhood for him!). He's such a sweetheart and you just want to protect him and his bright blue eyes.
Then there's Donny. You can just about see his little brain switching gears..."FOOD! I need to get to the foo...wait! What's that? It's a shiny paper! I'll just swat it...is that the dog's tail wagging? Oh hoo! I can catch it. What's up there? FOOD!; etc., etc., etc." And this goes on all day until he needs a nap. He looks for poor Ozzie and lays down with him to snuggle - then to bite and wrestle until Ozzie gets fed up and leaves. It's now Donny's spot.
And the dog? She's French. She's little miss foo foo. She's a sweetheart. She loves to cuddle and give kisses. But she hates the UPS man. Hates him! She'd like a piece of him! Until he turns around, then she runs back to the house. Her spot at night is in between Bruce and I. I don't know if I could sleep if I didn't have 4 little feet in the middle of my back.
All 4 of our critters are a blast to watch. I wouldn't give up any of them. (I just wish Tigger would take his dead mice to the neighbors house.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment