Sunday, December 6, 2009

Vicky called me one afternoon and asked me if I'd like to be involved in a project she was thinking about. Not one to let an opportunity slide I said sure. There was a girl in our ward who didn't fit in very well. Vicky thought if we 'kidnapped' this girl and took her with us to toilet paper some houses with a few other girls, she'd have something to share with them plus have a blast.
We had Jennifer, the girl, her sister, my daughter, Vicky and myself. I had a full size van, so I drove. One of the houses Vicky picked was in the boonies. The road was dirt and the house set back a long way from the road. The six of us, armed with as much T.P. as we could carry, snuck up on that house. Once my daughter was in front of us and pushed a small tree branch out of her way - which snapped back and hit me right in the face. We were all laughing so hard!
We also T.P.'d another house. This house belonged to a family of 5 kids. One of them was my son, Chris's, girlfriend. We were all friends so we knew no one would get upset by the 'snow fall' in their trees and grass.
The next Sunday our victims had figured out who had T.P.'d them - except for my daughter and me. This took them a couple of weeks to ferret out. Finally they nailed us! They threatened revenge.
We had this beautiful dog named Rambo at the time. He was pitch black and very protective of his family. We warned everyone not to come sneaking up in or yard because Rambo would have them for a snack.
Not long after that Bruce and I were woken up by Rambo barking - once. That's it, just one loud bark. We went back to sleep thinking if anything was wrong he'd keep barking. We woke up the next morning to a white yard. It looked like it had snowed an inch of toilet paper. We laughed so hard! Our dire warnings about our 'guard dog' went unheeded and definitely unfounded.
When we went to church next Sunday, one of the families that we had attacked first came up to us and enjoyed their get-back. They were worried about the dog, so they had their oldest son on top of their mini-van with bags of toilet paper while the mom drove through our yard. He was emptying the bags while his mom drove - he was almost knocked off the top by a tree limb, too. The rest of the kids were inside the van with their mom tearing toilet paper into the 4 inch squares and filling more bags for the son to empty. They also threw rolls of toilet paper into the trees. The only way we could clean our yard was to rake it.
I have to say the fun we had was reciprocated and everyone drew a little closer because of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment