Saturday, November 14, 2009

Brandon's Day

It has been a busy afternoon. Bruce and I gave Brandon $20.00 cash for his birthday, and he had gotten a $3.00 gift card from Toys R Us. So Brandon and I left Josh and Ashley with Chris and Dana and went to the store. First we stopped at Burger King and got a pop. Brandon was all smiles. We went to Toys R Us and walked around until Brandon made his choice of Baku Gahn's (I have no idea how to spell this, so I apologize.). He looked for sales and for how much he could get for the money he had. He was so cute to watch. He paid for his items then we went next door to get Abby a few doggy things.
I had called Chris earlier and asked that Dana not bother to bake a cake, I wanted to take Brandon to Kroger's so he could pick out his own cake. Of course, if you have cake, it's a rule you must have ice cream. We also bought bagels and cream cheese.
After dinner that night we sang to Brandon and everyone had a slice of cake. Brandon just beamed.
We chatted in the car both ways. He is a very intelligent young man and very well spoken. Sometimes I had to remind myself that he is only 10 years old.
I think I had just as good a day as Brandon did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment