Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I have had many precious times in my life. My marriage - both for time and then for eternity, the birth of my children and grandchildren, attending marriages of my children, their baptisms, graduation from college, buying a new, never lived in house, etc., etc., etc.
Today I'm reminded of seeing my first granddaughter when she was just hours old.
Bruce and I were down visiting our daughter for Thanksgiving when she went into labor. Eime (pronounced Amy) was born on Thanksgiving Day. Bruce and I went to the hospital to visit and there she was, the tiniest angel ever.
The hospital had her in her little cart pushed up to the nursery window next to a baby boy. This little baby boy weighed over 9 pounds and was of Latino heritage. He had thick, black hair that would soon need a trim and fat ruddy cheeks. Eimi had little hair, was very light skinned and around 6 pounds. What a comparison.
When I got to hold her, I felt almost a physical connection to this little angel. I was holding a newly-arrived-from-God's-presence little spirit embodied in a sweet perfect little body. She felt so warm. I knew from holding Eimi that there is definitely an eternal connection through family lines. She was supposed to be part of my family. I instantly fell in love with her.
Now we have another little baby coming into our family. I am so excited.

0 comments:

Post a Comment