Monday, November 16, 2009

The Main Event

When the Silverdome was the home of the ?Detroit Lions, it was an incredible place to visit. There was a restaurant inside called the Main Event. Kerry Roop had rented this huge restaurant space and set up kick-boxing fights. Roz Stetson and I sang the Star Spangled Banner and we each had a solo in the middle of the fights. At the last event I was sitting next to June and her boyfriend. Kerry came over and asked June where I was. I raised my hand (almost under his nose!) and he told me to come with him. A friend of mine was fighting in the main event - which was called King of the Ring. Kerry wanted ME to give the trophy to the winner! I was so excited. That position is usually given to a very pretty girl. Hank won the fight (my friend) so Kerry gave me the trophy and I entered the ring to present it to him. Hank gave me a huge hug. It was the soggiest, smelliest hug I've ever gotten. What an experience, though. One that I will always cherish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment