Monday, November 9, 2009

Roller Rink Accident

The Battle Creek Ward had a roller skating party. We got a sitter for Chris and our daughter, met up with some friends and off we went. I had been to a rink in Detroit a few times as a kid and loved skating. Bruce had also, but I had no idea he was a little klutzy.
WE were having the time of our lives, skating to the music, holding hands when Bruce fell. He didn't fall backwards, he fell forwards. He's about 6'3", so when he fell forward, he covered a lot of distance. Not only did he fall forward, but he flung his arms out. I rolled right over his fingers.
I felt bump, bump, bump, bump twice; each finger with front wheels then back. He had fallen so quickly that I didn't have time to stop.
When I did stop and turned back to him he was getting up. I asked him if he was all right. He said he was. I dissolved into gales of laughter right there in the middle of the rink.
We all need something to keep us humble.

0 comments:

Post a Comment