Monday, November 2, 2009

Cars!

When Chris was 16, we bought him a used car from a friend. He had his license for about 2 months before he wrapped the car around a tree on Waterford Rd. We took his license from him for a few months.
The following summer we bought him a used Firebird. Not a good thing! This car was pretty fast and looked the part. Chris loved that car.
One day I had to borrow it to go to a karate lesson. I had on a brand new white uniform. The trip took about 15 minutes on back roads. It had been raining for a few days, so everything was wet. There were puddles everywhere.
In the middle of a dirt road there was a huge puddle that stretched across the whole road. I couldn't avoid it. I drove through it and all of a sudden muddy water splashed up from the floorboard all over me. My pretty white uniform had huge brown spots all over the legs and up the front of me. I was shocked for a few seconds.
Then - I have this strange sense of humor - I could see in my minds eye the water splashing all over me and the look on my face. I started laughing. I almost had to pull over because I was laughing so hard.
The floorboard had a couple of big holes in it that Chris had covered with cardboard. I must have moved the cardboard when I was driving. I'm not the only one that got bushwhacked by the holes. My daughter got a face full of water, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment