Friday, January 8, 2010

My Homes

My parents lived in a small house on North Princeton when I was born. When I was 6 we moved to Warren, MI. We lived there less than a year (it was a rental) then moved to Lesure St. in Detroit. When I was 16 we moved to Eckford, MI - into my grandmothers old farmhouse (it was haunted, I swear). My dad finished the house he built by himself (with help from my mom and Uncle Ronnie) and we moved there. Bruce and I got married at the end of 1971 and moved to our first apartment in Union City, MI. We lived there around 8 months and moved to an apartment in Athens, MI which was above a hardware store. We were in that apartment for only a few months when we moved across the hall to a larger apartment. We bought a house in Union City, MI after that. We lived there around 2 years when Bruce had a break down from allergies from work. He knew he couldn't work in the factory any more, so we moved to Utah so he could attend BYU. The housing market was extremely depressed so we signed the house back to the creditors. At that time in that contract we could not rent the property out.
We moved to an apartment in Springville, UT. After that, Bruce wanted to attend another school because BYU didn't have what he wanted to study. We moved to Salt Lake City, Ut. for another 2 years. We moved to West Valley City after that for around 6 months. The owner of the house was renting illegally, so we had to move. We decided that it was time to go back home to Michigan to family and friends.
We stayed with my parents in their basement for about 5 months until we rented a small house in Athens, MI from Bruce's dad. Bruce got a job in his field in Madison Heights, MI so we moved to Taylor, MI. I moved back to the Marshall area for a while, then the family moved to White Lake, MI. We lived there for almost 2 years. I moved back to Marshall again, then the family moved to a huge farmhouse in White Lake again. We lived there for 6 years. After that, we lived in Rochester, MI for 12 years.
We bought our little dream house 5 years ago. This is the perfect house for us. We plan on living here for the rest of our lives. It's a wonderful neighborhood in Macomb, MI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment