Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Is it over yet? Can I come out from under my bed? Is 2009 finally, finally gone? YAY!
And now to prepare for the new year, the new decade. What can I do to make things different? What can I do to bring about necessary changes so I can find peace and happiness?
I need to start with me. I need to find out what are my most important priorities. I need to not even bother with the things that I cannot change. As a matter of fact, I can only change myself - my outlook. I must not dwell on what will never be. I must make better what I can touch.
I am looking forward to the new baby in our family. I can't wait to hold this new little spirit from heaven. To feel the warmth of the tiny body in my arms. To look into his/her eyes and see myself, my husband, my parents.
I need to make a more concerted effort to stay in touch with Rob and his family. He has the most amazing children. And I truly love Sarah.
I need to help Steve through his tough times - his flashbacks of war, his family back in Germany.
I need to help Chris and Dana as they prepare for their new family while blending with his present family.
I need to work on my relationship with my sweetheart. We've been together over 38 years - through bad and good. We've grown into adults together, created children together, shared the amazement of grandchildren. Now we can relax in the sure knowledge that we have unconditional love. I sleep well knowing my husband is next to me - in bed and in life.
I have been blessed.
And to still have my parents with us. My father, patriarch of the family, whose mind is still just as quick as ever. My mother, matriarch of the family, who still has the energy to love her family - no matter what.
Come on in 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment