Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bumped

M-59 goes right through downtown Pontiac. There is a way to go that's a little quicker than straight through Pontiac. You can go down a 3 lane road that takes you to Widetrack which is 5 lanes. I was in the middle lane of the 3 lane road turning right into the middle lane of Widetrack. A man was in the far right lane of the 3 lane road. When the light turned green I made my turn. The man in the far right hit my back passenger bumper. I saw my hubcap roll into the middle of Widetrack and promptly get run over by traffic.
I pulled off onto an empty lot. The man in his big car pulled in after me. I got out of mt little truck to see the damage. He got out of his car - screaming. He stomped over to me yelling that mt back window was so filthy that there was no way I could have seen him! His hands were balled into fists and his face was beet red.
I was shocked! This man had hit me and was blaming me for not watching for him out of my back window. I was busy looking to my left to make sure no one was running a light and out the front window to make sure I was driving in my lane.
Not only was I in shock, but I was pretty sure this man was going to hit me. With his fist. He was totally out of control.
I, however, gained control. I thought, "If he swings with his right, I'll block with my left and use my right palm heel to his nose. If he hits with his left, I'll block with my right and do a left palm heel to his nose." I felt something akin to an invisible self-confidence blanket coming over me.
The man was about 3 feet from me when I yelled, "Wrong! You hit me! I think we need to call the cops! You will get a ticket for hitting me!" This was said at my loudest volume (And I have great volume!). The man stopped in his tracks with his mouth hanging open.
We exchanged insurance numbers. The only thing wrong with my little truck was the missing hubcap. He had a beauty strip that had peeled back from his front bumper.
He got into his car and I got into my truck and we left. I never heard from him again.
Later I wondered if this guy was trying to pull a scam on me. He may have hit me on purpose then with his screaming he could have cowed me into giving me a couple hundred dollars to fix his car and leave the insurance company out of it.
Wrong woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment