Saturday, October 17, 2009

Miniature Golf

It was Saturday afternoon in the summer. My friend Denise and I decided to go play miniature golf. We walked to the course (probably close to a mile away) and proceeded to play. I had never played before and didn't know how much time it was going to take. I had a guitar lesson that afternoon that I had to pay for out of my own allowance, so we had to get done quickly. We were both pretty horrible. I looked at my watch and saw that time was nearly up. I ran to the next obstacle with Denise on my heels.
I didn't see that overhead bar. I ran right into it smacking my forehead full force. My feet literally came out from under me and I landed flat on my back. My good friend was so sympathetic. She was holding her stomach from laughing so hard. I slowly got up and finished that one hole.
I remember hustling home and grabbing my guitar.
Every time I looked in the mirror for the next week I saw an ugly reminder of why miniature golf was not my favorite pass time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment