Friday, October 30, 2009

Escape!

Last night Abby barked to get outside. There was nothing to bark at, but to let her see for herself I opened the door and waited for her to bark at the wind then come back. Little Donny (the kitten) saw the wide open door and scooted out onto the porch, down the steps and into the yard. It was pitch black outside and the cat is black. And fast! I took off after the cat, but my take-off mode isn't what it used to be.
I saw a black shadow dart across the yard, then turn and dart away. Abby took off for the side yard (we have the invisible fence for her so she can't leave the yard). I went over there and couldn't see anything. Then a shadow darted past me into the front yard.
Abby went after the kitten and caught him. Donny flipped onto his back to play with Abby. I told Abby to "get the kitty!" She looked at me and put her paw on Donny to keep him in place. I was almost there when the kitten got out from under Abby's paw and streaked toward the house. Abby was right after him, but I've never seen a kitten so fast.
Abby corned Donny on the porch, but Donny got around her and almost leapt for freedom off the porch when he noticed a flower pot. He LOVES flower pots.
Donny stopped and put his paws on the rim of the pot and I caught him!
Whew!
If it hadn't been for Abby and the flower pot, my little black kitten would have been toast. Tomorrow is Halloween and he would have been a great prize for any little goblin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment