Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sharing

Trick or treating in Detroit was incredible. We would take a pillow case and just about fill it every Halloween. I went with Denise when I was little, then with Sherry when I was a little older. When I was 12, my mom said it was time for me to not go out in costume anymore. We had Halloween parties at church or just as friends after trick or treating was outgrown.
Next to Winship Elementary School was an orphanage. The orphans weren't allowed to go trick or treating. Our school asked all the kids who went trick or treating to bring some candy in for the orphans. Every one brought candy in. I didn't like hard candies or suckers, so that's what I brought from my stash. Then I would feel a little guilty and include some chocolate bars, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment