Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Extreme Bike Riding

When my husband was a teenager he and a friend went bike riding. One bike, two kids. Bruce's friend owned the bike, so Bruce rode on the handle bars. The friend had to do all the work while Bruce got a free ride - until instead of aiming his knee to the outside of the handle bars his knee came straight up. Into Bruce's kiester. This errant knee shot quickly up and knocked Bruce right off the front of the bike. He sprawled face down, spread eagle on the sidewalk. That was bad enough, but the friend wasn't quick enough to stop the bike and he rode up and over Bruce.
When Bruce told me this story we had only been married for a few months. My mind's eye is so vivid that I could literally see this happening - and I laughed until I cried.
It's a good thing the bike kept rolling over Bruce - otherwise it may have gotten stuck you-know-where! An alternative to a metal bike rack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment