Sunday, August 30, 2009

Journeys

We just got Elisha's wedding announcement. In it was a picture of Elisha and Dustin walking hand in hand down a train track. As soon as I saw this image I thought of journeys. I wonder if before we came to this earth it was explained to us that we would be going on a journey. That maybe some already born ancestor would be the engineer on this train of life and we would want to join where his train was going.
"Hold up! This is the train I want to travel on!"
"Come on aboard! Need to tell you, though, that this train will be making many stops and has lots of hazardous territories to travel through."
"Whatever comes my way, if I'm on this train I know I'll make the journey. I will endure the stops and starts and I will triumph over the hazardous territories."
"If you're willing to give this trip your all, we'll begin."
"Wait. I have more people to come aboard this train when we get to their location. Can they also come aboard?"
"Same rules apply too all. If they are willing to endure to the end, this train will gladly accept them."
And on we climb. The many starts and stops are the way we act while in mortality. The hazardous terrain are the temptations we must overcome.
Elisha and Dustin look so happy. I hope their journey together will bring them strength and closeness. I pray that they will have many other passengers join them on their journey.
I pray that Father will bless them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment