Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ted Kennedy

I was only 10 years old when John Kennedy was assassinated. Not long after that, Bobby Kennedy was murdered. Ted Kennedy was the youngest brother. He had quite an interesting and tragic life - much of it caused by himself. I had heard about Chappaquidic. I had heard about his drinking and his womanizing.
Last night and today I heard about another Ted Kennedy. I heard from friends and family about this larger than life man who cared deeply about others. I heard about his sense of humor, his work ethic and his compassion. Even those who didn't like his politics liked the man.
There are people who will like Ted for personal reasons and others who will hate him. I choose to hate the tragedies that he caused but like the way he treated people - even those who were not as privileged as himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment