Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wow!

I went to Michaels craft store today to get some embroidery floss. When I came out, I noticed a piece of paper tucked under my windshield wiper. I looked around and saw that I was the only one who had a piece of paper on my windshield. I also noticed that the paper was not a flier but a piece of notebook paper.
"Uh oh." I thought. "Did someone hit my car? Did I park poorly and someone was giving me a piece of their mind?"
I opened the note and it said: "I couldn't help but notice all the veterans stickers on your 'civilian vehicle' - God Bless you & thank you for your unselfish service for our country!" (smiley face) the grateful Daughter of a WWII vet!"
My heart swelled. I felt so muchh pride for my son who feels veterans are looked down upon. He served for 10 years in the army - and one rotation in Afghanistan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment