Friday, August 28, 2009

Funny!!!

A few years ago I worked at a Walgreens drugstore. I had a friend named Mr. David who had a wierd and wonderful sense of humor - just like mine. However, I was transferred from the store where we had worked together to a store quite a bit north of there. A few months after my transfer I got a call.
The caller was an elderly British lady. She asked me if her 2xundershorts had come in yet. She explained that we had promised to special order them for her, but she had not heard from us abut them. Being at this store only a few months, I told her that I would look into the problem for her and call her back. Could I please have her phone number?
The next thing I heard was loud laughter. It was not some old British woman, it was Mr. David who had done a remarkable mimic job. He got me. Good. He had called for another reason, but when he heard my voice he couldn't pass up the chance to push my buttons.
Not one to let bygones be bygones, I went to K-Mart and bought the biggest panties I could find. And the ugliest. They came in a 3-pack. I put them in a box (without the new wrapper) and mailed them to the store where Mr. David worked with his name on the package.
When Mr. David got the package, he couldn't figure out who would be sending him a package at the store. When he opened them, there were several people in attendence. I also included a letter. It said something to the effect that Walgreen's was very sorry it took so long to get the underwear to him, but that Walgreen's didn't carry that size anymore. However, the distributor's wife was a large woman who had gladly volunteered 3 pair of her panties to him. He got teased for quite a while.
I was once again transferred. One early morning I got a phone call from a man who had a thick Indian accent. He wanted to know what the return policy for condoms was. I started to laugh. "O.k., Mr. David. You got me."
"I do not know this Mr. David." was the reply. I am giggling uncontrollably now. The accent was perfect.
"Where are you at? Are you at the store?"
"No, no. I am at home."
"Seriously, what store areyou at?"
"I do not know what you mean by this."
I decided to try another tact. "Well, why do you want to return the condoms?"
"They are too large."
I was screaming with laughter.
"All right, Mr. David. I knw it's you, so knock it off. What do yu want?"
"I do not know this Mr. David. I merely want to know what your return policy for condoms is."
After a few more minutes of conversation and giggling, I realized that I had a real customer on the line with a real question. I tried to apologize, but I doubt it sounded sincere because I couldn't stop giggling.
He asked if he could bring the box in and exchange it for another smaller size.
What could I say? Sure. I'll do the exchange for him.
Within a half an hour, in walked an Indian man with his large condoms in a bag. I refused to wait on him alone. I made another woman in the store stand near by. He handed me the bag and went to get the smaller condoms. He was gone for only a few minutes. He handed me the box then asked, "Do you know where it tells the size?"
It was an unfortunate experience for the poor little guy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment