Saturday, August 15, 2009

Kisses

I was sound asleep on this blissful Saturday morning. No alarm clock, no work to get ready for, no real agenda for the day. I was awoken by sweet little kisses on my cheek. After nearly 38 years of marriage, he still - oh, wait. It was the dog waking me up to feed her and take her out to do her potty. I knew those kisses were too wet for my old man.
I sat up, put my slippers on and walked on tired legs to my bathroom. I had closed the door, prepared myself for business at hand when the door opened. In strolled the cat. I shooed him out (I do a solo in the bathroom). He left, I tried to reach the door to close it and in walked Ozzie. I shooed him out. It was the cat posse coming to make sure I was up and able to open that can of Friskees.
Everyone had been fed, Abbie did her potty and I listlessly wandered back to my bed. I looked over at Bruce, my sleeping husband, and thought, "Don't even think of waking me up with kisses! I'll rip your lips off."
Not to worry. He was sound asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment